- To provide information and support to family members, professionals, and individuals affected by Autism.
- To encourage, support, promote and advocate for quality education, treatment, services and equipment for persons, and their families, affected by Autism.
- To raise public awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- To promote and support research into the cause and treatment of Autism.
- To raise funds to finance the Society’s objectives.
The Autism Society of Prince Edward Island is a registered non-profit charitable organization: #139019301 RR0001
The Autism Society of Prince Edward Island is a member of the Autism Society of Canada
The Autism Society of Prince Edward Island consists of a volunteer lead Board of Directors including individuals that fill the role of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Directors at Large.
Yearly family membership fees are $30.00 per family. A family membership in the Autism Society of PEI will provide:
– Assurance that your voice will be heard on Autism issues in this province
–Notice of meetings of the Autism Society
-Discounted registration fees for Autism Society training workshops and events
-Access to the Autism Society Resource library which includes sensory toys, games, dvds, flashcard’s, books, resources and more
-Access to Family Subsidy funding- The Society has a yearly budget for family subsidy where our members can apply for some financial support to attend training sessions or workshops: Autism Society Family Subsidy Application Updated 2014 PDF
-Free monthly swims and recreational events including but not limited to yearly SandSpit Days, two family movie days, Sleigh rides, Skates, Swims and more
-Access to Autism Society partner resources such as application for used laptops through Computers for Communities, Access to summer camps when offered ( Sylvan Learning) or partnership subsidised programs with ongoing community partners
– Access to ticket giveaways throughout the year for either Autism Society events or community events in which tickets are donated to the Society.
– One Vote at the Annual General Meeting
– Access to Autism Society Email Newsletters
2017/2018 Family Membership Form for the Autism Society of PEI: Family Membership Form 2017-2018 PDF
Individual Professional and Centre Memberships are also available for $50.00 and $70.00. Please contact the Society for full details.
Autism Society Family Events
The Autism Society plays host to numerous regular family events for our members. We host weekly and monthly family swims at the Cari Complex and the Credit Union place. We all host a large number of family fun activities in locations across the Island including our Annual SandSpit Day, Winter Sleigh ride. movie days and much more. To find out all about our great events which include movie days, swimming, bowling and lots of special events please contact the Autism Society and join our email mailout listing. You will receive greats updates from the Autism Society on all of our events, workshops, and services.
For more information or questions in regards to the Autism Society of PEI, please contact our office by calling 566-4844 or email Nathalie Walsh at Nathalie@autismsociety.pe.ca
Our office is located at 161 St. Peters Road on the main floor of the Sherwood Shopping Centre