- To provide information and support to family members, professionals, and individuals affected by Autism.
- To encourage, support, promote and advocate for quality education, treatment, services and equipment for persons, and their families, affected by Autism.
- To raise public awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- To promote and support research into the cause and treatment of Autism.
- To raise funds to finance the Society’s objectives.
The Autism Society of Prince Edward Island is a registered non-profit charitable organization: #139019301 RR0001
The Autism Society of Prince Edward Island is a member of the Autism Society of Canada
The Autism Society of Prince Edward Island consists of a volunteer lead Board of Directors including individuals that fill the role of President, Past President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Directors at Large.
Yearly membership fees are $10.00 per family. A family membership in the Autism Society of PEI will provide:
- Family membership discounted rates for workshops and conferences sponsored by the Autism Society
- Family membership vote at the Annual General Meeting
- Assurance that your voice will be heard on autism issues
- Support from other families
- Unlimited access to resources in our lending library and other information services
- Access to family events, family support meetings and ongoing workshops and conferences hosted by the Society
- Access to office resources including: laminator, printer, binder.
- Access to apply for the Autism Society of PEI’s Family Resource Workshop Subsidy (PDF)
2013/2014 Family Membership Form for the Autism Society of PEI: Family Membership Form 2013-2014
Yearly professional membership fees are $50.00 per professional. A Professional Membership in the Autism Society of PEI includes:
- Notice of meetings
- Professional membership discount rates for workshops and conferences sponsored by the Autism Society
Autism Society Family Events
The Autism Society plays host to numerous regular family events for our members. We host weekly and monthly family swims at the Cari Complex and the Credit Union place. We all host a large number of family fun activities in locations across the Island including our Annual Dundas Carnival event, Mill River Fun park day, Terpstra Winter Sleigh ride and much more. To find out all about our great events which include movie days, swimming, bowling and lots of special events please contact the Autism Society and join our email mailout listing. You will receive greats updates from the Autism Society on all of our events, workshops, and services.
For more information or questions in regards to the Autism Society of PEI, please contact our office by calling 566-4844 or email Nathalie Walsh at Nathalie@autismsociety.pe.ca
Our office is located at 161 St. Peters Road on the main floor of the Sherwood Shopping Centre